WELCOME TO THE VISCOUNT ORGANS WEB FORUM
To join in discussion on the forum you must first login here or register with us. When registering you can choose to use your own name or select a nickname. Once registered you can join in or start a new topic straightaway. You can edit your profile here. With either option you will need to set up and remember an 8 character password so you can return to the forum. Sorry! yet another password to manage.
Once you have contributed a comment you will receive an e mail as people add to the discussion. We hope you find the forum adds to your knowledge and enjoyment of the organ, its music and musicians.
Viscount Grand Opera (1 reply)
We have a Viscount Grand Opera at church that suddenly stopped working. I was practising when suddenly half of the stops lit up and the the organ sounded as if it someone had put their forearm across all the keys. Since then it exhibits these symptoms:
- None of the keys on any of the manuals or pedals work
- The stops do not light up when selected
- The Midi Prog Change stop is flashing continuously at the rate of about 1 Hz
- The Crescendo indicator LEDs are all lit
- If the organ is powered on after it has been off for a while then it will sound as if all the keys have been pressed down, otherwise it makes no sound
- There are no outgoing Midi signals when any keys are pressed
Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? Are there any schematics available for this organ?
Hello, Thanks for the question. You may well need a service visit but first try a factory reset.
To do the factory reset hold on pistons 0,1 and 2 on the lower manual switch on the power.
Please call us on 01869 247333 if this does not resolve your problem. Regards DAvid
Back to Viscount Organs Forum...