James Parsons (founder of Oundle for Organists) and The Organ Club invites you to join them for the Ushaw Organ Weekend. This event is hosted at Ushaw College from Friday 4th to Monday 7th May 2018.
This is an opportunity for organists of all ages and stages and all seeking a Spring Bank Holiday Weekend of inspiring music-making and cultural exploration. The event takes place in Durham’s stunning and historic setting. Ushaw is a stunning place – a College in the Countryside with breathtaking Victorian St Cuthbert’s Chapel, handsome Reception Rooms and Refectory, works of art, landscaped gardens, and now B & B accommodation just five miles from Durham Cathedral.
The Programme and Details
The Ushaw Organ Weekend offers a busy, inspiring and interesting programme which includes the following:
- Visit Harrison and Harrison Organ Builders workshops in Durham
- Hear Durham Cathedral Choir in St Cuthbert’s Chapel, Ushaw
- Organist lessons with James Parsons and Brigitte Harris
- Organ Recital by James Parsons in St Cuthbert’s Chapel, Ushaw College
- Discover Durham Cathedral
- Dinner in The Parlour at Ushaw
- Playing new organs in Newcastle (by Aubertin and Tickell)
- Organ Recital by Charles Wooler at St Oswald’s, Durham
To find out more and to reserve your place at this event please visit James Parsons website or The Organ Club. The price is £175 which covers full participation: Tuition, Concert, Recital, Dinner etc. However, members of The Organ Club pay just £150 and Students pay only £95. Participants should book own accommodation in the area – ensuite rooms at Ushaw are very highly recommended – £50/night B & B (phone 0191 373 8500).
View Ushaw Organ Weekend brochure pdf brochure.
I have had a passion for church organs since the tender age of 12. I own and run Viscount Organs with a close attention to the detail that musicians appreciate; and a clear understanding of the benefits of digital technology and keeping to the traditional and emotional elements of organ playing.