James Parsons (founder of Oundle for Organists) and The Organ Club invites you to join them for the 2019 Ushaw Organ Weekend (second time it’s organised). This event is hosted at Ushaw College (5 miles from Durham) from Friday 31st May to Sunday 2nd June 2019.
This is an opportunity for organists of all ages and stages and all seeking a Holiday Weekend of inspiring music-making and cultural exploration. The event takes place in Durham’s stunning and historic setting. Ushaw is a beautiful place – a College in the Countryside with breathtaking Victorian St Cuthbert’s Chapel, handsome Reception Rooms and Refectory, works of art, landscaped gardens, and now B & B accommodation just five miles from Durham Cathedral.
The Programme and Details
The Ushaw Organ Weekend offers a busy, inspiring and interesting programme which includes the following:
- Tuition from David Goode, James Parsons, Brigitte Harris and William Saunders
- Organ Recital by virtuoso William Saunders in St Cuthbert’s Chapel, Ushaw College
- Visit Durham Cathedral Organ loft with Daniel Cook and David Goode
- Play in Participants’ Concert at Ushaw
- Dinner in The Parlour at Ushaw – a handsome and intimate setting
- Discover Durham, and Ushaw’s art treasures; leisure pursuits on the Ushaw estate, and stroll through delightful parkland-in-bloom
- Guided ’organ crawl’ to notable organs in nearby Newcastle-upon-Tyne (Friday 31 May from 10.30am)
To find out more and to reserve your place at this event please visit James Parsons website or The Organ Club. The price is £185 which covers full participation: Tuition, Concert, Recital, Dinner and Organ Club membership for 2019. However, members of The Organ Club pay just £150 and Observers / Students pay only £95. Participants should book own accommodation in the area – ensuite rooms at Ushaw are very highly recommended – £50/night B & B (phone 0191 373 8500).
I have had a passion for church organs since the tender age of 12. I own and run Viscount Organs with a close attention to the detail that musicians appreciate; and a clear understanding of the benefits of digital technology and keeping to the traditional and emotional elements of organ playing.