Ivan Fowler is one of our customers and recently shared his story with us as to how he came to enjoy, own and play a digital Viscount organ. He lives in a quiet suburb of Bristol and, while sitting in a lovely sunny room overlooking a very well kept garden, Ivan spends many hours enjoying playing his custom built 3 manual positive style organ (pictured below).
Ivan is a man of many talents. He has had a number of careers that include teaching, property management and the ministry. Ivan is also an ordained priest so he has no problems if the organist fails to turn up. He also composed some of the music for his daughters wedding held where else than St Mary Redcliffe. Ivan’s passion is Bach. Ivan recorded the complete works on his Viscount Canticus organ that preceded his current instrument and now he embarks upon a second series of recording the complete works, this time with the befit of a 3rd manual so far more registration challenges to meet.
The recordings are made directly to disc so the acoustics are created entirely by the organ. The recordings have been engineered by Adrian Moore who has also produced the CDs.
There are 9 CD’s in all:
1. Johann Sebastian Bach “Toccatas Passacalia & Fugue”
2. Johann Sebastian Bach “Bach Organ Minatures”
3. The Complete Orgelbuchlein
4. Chorales from the Klavierubung
5. The 6 Trio Sonatas
6. European Organ Music Sweelink,Bohm Rheinberger & Reger
7. English Organ Music Stanley, Felton Hollins and many more
8.Romantic Organ Music Mendelssohn, Schumann & Brahms
9. Organ Recital Reger Post & Karg-Elert
Ivan is a most accomplished organist having studied with Dr Allan Wicks (Canterbury Cathedral), Dr Anthony Greening and Alan Harverson, and held posts in London (St Columba’s Pont Street, St Mary the Virgin Primrose Hill) and Bristol. His skill is evident in his recordings. We are delighted to be supporting the introduction of a new artist to the world of organ recordings.
His CDs can be purchased directly from us £15.00 for a single CD, £25.00 for 2 and £30.00 for 3 to include UK post and packaging.
Here are some example recordings from a number of the CD’s
- The Dorian Toccata (Toccatas Pascalia & Fugue)
- Trio Sonata in C first movement (The Trio Sonatas)
- G Maj BWV 568 (Bach Organ Minatures)
- In dir ist Freude (The Orgelbuchlein)
- Piet Post Allegro (Organ Recital)
- Rheinberger No 1 Andante (European Organ Music)
- Stanford Toccata (English Organ Music)
For the full playlist on each CD, please have a look > HERE.
If you are interested in buying one or more of Ivan’s CD’s then please let us know via any of your preferred methods of:
- Calling our office on 01869 247 333
- Emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweeting us on @ViscountOrgans
- Messaging us on our Facebook Page
Latest posts by David Mason (see all)
- National Churches Trust - 20/05/2017
- Bombarde of Organists - 10/05/2017
- Soundtec Classical Organs, Irvine – Enlarges Showroom Facilities - 08/05/2017